Saturday, February 21, 2009

First impressions

I enjoyed the first two days in my 1st grade classroom at Bergman Elementary. The classroom teacher is really nice and easy going. I am looking forward to working with her. There is a student teacher in the classroom as well, so it will be nice to see what her responsibilities are to give me a preview of what next semester may be like. I was surprised that there are only 13 students in the classroom – 8 boys and 5 girls. I taught in a 5th grade class for Block A, so one of my first impressions about this class was how young and small the students are! They are really cute, and I am going to have fun with them. I am excited to go back in April!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, only 13 kids? That will be easy to make lessons for when you only have to gather supplies for that small of an amount! That should be a great experience since the more students the harder it is with the younger ones. Hope you have a great time, it sounds like it should be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous.. only 13 kids! I loved the switch from Kindergarten to 2nd grade and I am glad to hear that you had a great first two days. What are you teaching for your unit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The classroom I worked in last semester also had a student teacher. It was nice to have a preview, but a little intimidating. I'm sure after Block B, we will be prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie, I look forward to hearing all about your little guys :) I also hope to see you around Bergman more often, hopefully passing in the hallways at least! Have fun this semester!

    ReplyDelete