I had a lot of fun with my first graders this week. I never thought I would really like teaching first grade, but it is definitely growing on me. I love all of the students so much; they are so cute. Several of them gave me a hug when I walked in today and it just made my day! I’m already thinking about the end of the month when I have to say goodbye to all of them and how I’m going to miss them!
My partner Whitney and I switched from going to the school on Tuesday afternoons to going on Tuesday mornings instead, as it worked out better for our classroom teacher. It was fun to see the students during their morning classes for a change. I taught my first formal lesson on Wednesday. It went really well – much better than I thought it would! The students were incredibly attentive and participated very well in the discussion about the book afterwards. I was very impressed with their behavior and knowledge of the subject (the environment). Today the students had a lot of fun making the craft we brought for them to do relating to yesterday’s lesson about trees and the environment.We read The Lorax by Dr. Seuss, so our craft was making Truffula Trees on construction paper with straws and Easter grass:



No comments:
Post a Comment